DBpixelhouse is one of Europe's leading AV and IT solutions supplier, based in Tewkesbury. We work with global brands at events in all corners of the globe. We are a brand that prides ourselves on superior customer service and we’re one of the fastest growing providers of technological equipment for events.
The principal purpose of this role is to cost, prepare, deliver, & support events and day to day operations taking place at the venue where you are based with a secondary role of supporting other venues, as time allows. The role will be part of the newly created Venue Support Team.
The Venue Support Team are expected to have an in-depth understanding of ‘how’ the full range of utilized equipment works along with a strong portfolio demonstrating client focus. The team will also possess proven ability in the areas below.
Networking Technology – Using a mixture of permanent and temporary infrastructure to deliver networking and Wi-Fi services for exhibitions, conferences, product launches and other events taking place in the venue. These types of events can be mission critical and must work first time, every time, to strict unwavering deadlines. Additionally, supporting the day to day IT and networking requirements of the venue, its supply partners and other stakeholders.
Quoting – working with our current and new clients to help design the system they need to deliver their requirements. This is integrally linked to the design of the in-house and temporary systems, so a good knowledge of our equipment and systems is required, as well as continual learning to always offer new services and improve on what we delivered last time.
Pre-production – direct contact with end clients and production agencies running events at your venue, organizing build-up and break down schedules with the venue operations team, working with our logistics team to organize crew and shipping of equipment. Specifying equipment design, configuration.
Event Build-up - project manage and lead crew, sub-contractors, and internal staff to ensure the event is delivered on time and on budget; whilst working closely with the venue operations team and other supply partners.
Show support – Providing first and second line technical support for end users, event delegates, venue staff and stakeholders. Ensuring technical issues are correctly logged and escalated when required. Event Break-down - returning the venue to its normal state after an event, ensuring all temporary equipment is accounted for and returned in a good condition. General technical support – Being based at the venue as someone working for a technical delivery company, our clients might lean on your experience and knowledge to help support other areas.
Remote First & Second Line Support - When possible and not busy on your venue we would expect the team member to help support other venues across the UK by answering support calls, escalating technical issues, and participating in out-of-hours on-call rotas.
- Develop the remote services we as a company offer to our clients.
- Design and innovate in automation of configuration tools.
- Keep yourself abreast of the latest technologies that can improve the company’s offerings.
- Gain industry and manufacturer qualifications to support the goals of the company.
- Deliver on-time and on-budget networking and Wi-Fi services for events taking place at the venue, from quote through to event breakdown.
- Deliver an always-up network infrastructure at the venue, to meet the needs of the venue and other supply partners.
- Supporting venue staff, other supply partners, clients, event delegates, and other stakeholders with IT and connectivity issues.
- Continuously develop own understanding of DB Systems equipment and services and take ownership of own skill development.
- Design and quoting of larger networks.
- Ensure up-to-date network and technical documentation is maintained for the venue, in accordance with DB Systems policies.
- Diagnose and resolving technical issues on your own and as part of a team
- Perform regular and routine maintenance on all technical equipment at the venue in accordance with DB Systems procedures.
- Support other remote venues, with remote configuration and technical support.
- Maintain a safe working environment in accordance with Health and Safety regulations and any additional procedures required by DB Systems both on-site and at DB Systems premises.
- Adhere to all CDM and Health & Safety regulations as outlined in DB Systems documentation, or as enforced by the venue or event principle contractors.
- Liaise with clients on-site to ensure they are kept informed of production developments.
- Report any operational or technical problems in accordance with DB Systems procedures within 1 hour.
- Advise & assist the sales / account management teams of DB Systems and the venue on technical matters.
- Manage and motivate any assigned team as required and ‘think outside the box’.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Strong understanding of Wi-Fi standards and best practices, particularly within a live event environment.
- Good knowledge of Cisco Catalyst switches, ideally to CCNA level or equivalent.
- Good knowledge of pfSense strongly preferred.
- Good knowledge of Ruckus SmartZone strongly preferred, ideally to WISE-1 level or equivalent.
- Knowledge and understanding of TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS
- Beneficial but not required, understanding of Captive Portals in a Wi-Fi environment.
- Beneficial but not required, basic HTML and CSS experience.
- Beneficial but not required, experience in managing a basic LAMP server.
- Strong Leadership and Motivational Ability: Ability to provide strong leadership across the company, working closely and collaboratively across all departments to achieve maximum benefit and synergy through excellent communication, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Managing Innovation and Change: Drive continuous improvement in all services
- Financial Management Skills: Manage the budget for the venue in line with DBS expectations
- Operational Management Skills: Be wholly accountable for the operation of the venue
- Team Player: A strong team player working well with DB staff and freelancers, as well as client staff, but able to maintain position as a DB employee and having a clear line between DB and the client
- Innovation: Able to continuously innovate and drive improvements technically and operationally
- Full, clean UK driving licence
- Occasional travel to DB Systems offices and other venues around the UK
- Must be able to work overtime and weekends to provide support for event hours.
- Ability to self-teach with new equipment
- Good inter-personal skills, with a focus on customer service
- A pro-active, flexible, ‘can do’ approach both on-site and in the warehouse
- Ability to work unsupervised on a day to day basis
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- To be appropriately presented on exhibitions and live event work
- Knowledge of AV & IT equipment and/or the production environment
- Organised with an eye for detail
- Ability to manage, motivate staff and develop good working relationships with clients, other contractors and sub-contractors.
- A strong decision maker, able to make good decisions in a proactive timely fashion based on rigorous analysis
- Excellent time management and decision making skills
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and the ability to successfully multi task
- Team player, succeeds by working with others