DBpixelhouse are recruiting for an Onsite Technician to join our team, installing and maintaining our technology at events around the world.
DBpixelhouse provide AV Technology, digital content and production services to over 500 events each year, in the sectors of exhibitions, events, retail and venue services. Our Onsite Technicians are ambassadors of the company and must strive to achieve the highest level of customer service, delivering first-class technical support. Many of our technicians specialise in a particular field, such as LED screens, network connectivity or media server programming; but all technicians will need to have a base knowledge in audio-visual display technology, IT equipment, and production services. The work will be varied and rewarding, with notable shows in our calendar being Mobile World Congress, the Cheltenham Gold Cup and Farnborough International Airshow.
- To be responsible for the set up of audio-visual and IT equipment at exhibitions, trade shows, conferences and sporting events. Making sure deadlines are met.
- To maintain a safe working environment in accordance with Health and Safety regulations and any additional procedures required by DBpixelhouse both on-site and at the DBpixelhouse premises.
- To assist with the preparation of equipment being used on site.
- Take an active role in developing your own knowledge and understanding of DBpixelhouse equipment and production skills.
- To undertake training of clients and colleagues in use of equipment, when the need arises.
- Liaise with clients, Account Managers and Project Managers on site, to ensure they are kept informed of production developments.
- Provide technical support to the project and account management teams.
- To maintain and repair equipment or arrange a suitable alternative to be temporarily put in place.
- To be a brand ambassador for DBpixelhouse, representing the company in the best possible light by providing exceptional customer service.
Key Personal Attributes:
- Good knowledge of AV & IT equipment and live event production.
- A keen interest in technology.
- Flexible, able to work weekends and away from home for long periods of time.
- Proactive and flexible, with a positive approach to work both on site and in the warehouse.
- Able to work unsupervised on a day to day basis, including under pressure to meet deadlines
- Organised with an eye for detail.
- Good communication and customer care skills.
- Commercially aware, able to identify ways to improve efficiency.
- Able to lead and motivate colleagues, freelancers and support crew.
- Full, clean UK driving licence and an up to date Passport.